You are invited to join us this Friday 6th December for a practical training session on geo-located soundscapes tool noTours.
Please email lw4 [at] soton [dot] ac [dot] uk to book a free place.
Lunch will be provided and parking is available on site.
ANNOTATING LANDSCAPE WITH AUDIO
notours software for Android
presented by Benjamin Mawson
6 December 2013, 10 am – 4 pm
Avenue Campus (Building 65, Room 2149)
University of Southampton
Outline of Day – approximate timings:
A mix of short introductory talks and hands-on development.
10.00 Welcome and Introduction:
– Concepts and background to situated soundscapes
– Technical and editorial issues
– New software developments
– Starting to work with the editor Interface
11.15 First practical session:
– getting used to the interface
– creating project zones and editing sound behaviours
12.15 Site visit and discussion
– assessing the situational setting for your soundwalk
– topography, function and routes
– ambient noises & acoustic responses
13.00 Second practical session:
– building your first geo-located soundscape
– managing files and folders
14.00 Field test 1 (Test your design in situ using gps-enabled Android):
– what was most and least effective
– feedback and discussion
14.45 Third practical session and field test 2:
– Editing and developing your soundscape